Suárez lucky to escape red after kicking out at Juanfran
Shortly before Fernando Torres' sending-off, the Barcelona striker was fortunate to avoid punishment after tussling with the Atleti defender. Atlético vs Real Madrid
Luis Suárez proved the match-winner for Barcelona in Tuesday night's Champions League quarter-final encounter with Atlético Madrid.
However, the Uruguayan could well have seen red before his two-goal salvo handed Los Azulgranas a 2-1 first-leg advantage.
In the 34th minute, Suárez was lucky to stay on the field after appearing to kick out at Atleti full-back Juanfran, with the incident going unseen by referee Felix Brych.
Shortly afterwards, Atlético goalscorer Fernando Torres was dismissed when he picked up a second yellow card for a foul on Sergio Busquets.
Suárez was later booked by German official Brych following a second-half off-the-ball clash with defender Filipe Luis.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona considering offloading Ivan Rakitic this week
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pablo Marí, Arteta's first signing, joins Arsenal on loan
- Women's Football Bala Devi signs for Rangers
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United: Raiola condemns Woodward incident
- BUNDESLIGA Haaland: 75m-euro buy-out clause in Borussia Dortmund deal
- BARCELONA-LEGANÉS Setién: "It would be interesting if a player arrived"