Suárez lucky to escape red after kicking out at Juanfran
Shortly before Fernando Torres' sending-off, the Barcelona striker was fortunate to avoid punishment after tussling with the Atleti defender. Atlético vs Real Madrid
Luis Suárez proved the match-winner for Barcelona in Tuesday night's Champions League quarter-final encounter with Atlético Madrid.
However, the Uruguayan could well have seen red before his two-goal salvo handed Los Azulgranas a 2-1 first-leg advantage.
In the 34th minute, Suárez was lucky to stay on the field after appearing to kick out at Atleti full-back Juanfran, with the incident going unseen by referee Felix Brych.
Shortly afterwards, Atlético goalscorer Fernando Torres was dismissed when he picked up a second yellow card for a foul on Sergio Busquets.
Suárez was later booked by German official Brych following a second-half off-the-ball clash with defender Filipe Luis.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"