Suárez lucky to escape red after kicking out at Juanfran
Shortly before Fernando Torres' sending-off, the Barcelona striker was fortunate to avoid punishment after tussling with the Atleti defender. Atlético vs Real Madrid
Luis Suárez proved the match-winner for Barcelona in Tuesday night's Champions League quarter-final encounter with Atlético Madrid.
However, the Uruguayan could well have seen red before his two-goal salvo handed Los Azulgranas a 2-1 first-leg advantage.
In the 34th minute, Suárez was lucky to stay on the field after appearing to kick out at Atleti full-back Juanfran, with the incident going unseen by referee Felix Brych.
Shortly afterwards, Atlético goalscorer Fernando Torres was dismissed when he picked up a second yellow card for a foul on Sergio Busquets.
Suárez was later booked by German official Brych following a second-half off-the-ball clash with defender Filipe Luis.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check Second stimulus check: what’s in the GOP bill to be voted on this week?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check What have Biden and Trump said about second stimulus check?
- Premier League Man Utd and Liverpool in European Premier League talks - report
- Inter Milan Conte: Inter better prepared to contend in Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ramos ruled out of Real Madrid's Champions League opener