Karim Benzema limped out of Real Madrid - Wolfsburg
Karim Benzema limped off in minute 41 of Real Madrid's first-leg Champions' League quarter final tie against Wolfsburg.
Alarm bells at Real Madrid as Karim Benzema limped off in the 41st minute with los blancos trailing 2-0 to Wolfsburg at the Volkswagen Arena. The French striker was replaced by Jesé Rodríguez.
Benzema twisted his knee early in the match in a seemingly innocuous motion while playing a flicked pass, suffering an injury that he couldn't shake off.
The seriousness of the injury and the length of time he'll be out / number of matches he'll miss remains to be seen, Real Madrid fly back to the Spanish capital Wednesday night, and Benzema will probably undergo tests on Thursday.
Benzema scored the equalizer at Camp Nou and is part of the BBC that is non-negotiable in Zidane's selection, losing him at this crucial stage of the season would be a big blow to Zidane's plans.
The fact that Karim walked off, and that he was pointing to the top of his knee while down on the ground may indicate that it is not too serious, cruciate ligament damage can probably be discounted.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online