Barcelona, Juventus and EPL big boys all keen to sign Mahrez
The Algerian midfielder has been at the forefront of Leicester City's fairytale season. According to The Mirror, the Foxes are resigned to selling the 25-year-old in the summer.
Riyad Mahrez is continuing to collect suitors across the European footballing landscape thanks to his magnificent season with Leicester City, who against all the odds are seven points clear at the top of the Premier League with six games to go. The Algerian has notched up 16 goals and provided ten assists in the English top flight and has also hit the back of the net once in the Capital One Cup.
Mahrez’s blistering performances are not going unnoticed among the division’s traditionally bigger clubs. Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham are all reportedly interested in acquiring the 25-year-old’s services, while apparently Italian giants Juventus are also keen to lure the visionary left winger over to Turin. However, Barcelona are allegedly considering approaching The Foxes to sign the North African and, given the La Liga heavyweights’ prestige, are the most likely to attract the player. According to The Mirror, Leicester are resigned to selling their much sought after midfielder in the summer. Mahrez joined everyone’s favourite fairytale team in 2014 and now the King Power Stadium club won’t be listening to offers below the €30 million mark to part ways with him.
The only possibility Leicester have of hanging onto their man is by selling N’Golo Kante, who recently made his international debut with France against Holland. Kante has been linked to Real Madrid and his price tag has been set at a more modest €7 milllion. The Mirror reckons that both men are the most likely candidates to leave Claudio Ranieri’s team this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA Second stimulus check: what's the current disagreement between Democrats and Republicans?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- FOOTBALL Transfer talk: Manchester City, PSG eye Liverpool target Thiago
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo's inner circle deny Barcelona rumours
- Xavi wants Barcelona 'dream team' including Carles Puyol and Jordi Cruyff