Iker Casillas congratulates MLS on division's 20th anniversary
Major League Soccer turned 20 years old on Wednesday and San Iker, who has fluttered his eyelashes in a Westerly direction in past, was quick to send his best wishes.
MLS is now 20 years old and among the division’s ever growing legion of fans is one of the biggest legends from the modern era of football (ahem, soccer), Iker Casillas, who, not for the first time, showed his support for the North American league.
The Porto keeper, who spent the bulk of his illustrious career with Real Madrid, sent a congratulatory tweet to mark the occasion: “Happy 20th birthday @MLS and @futbolMLS !! Long may the party last for the beautiful game!!!”
Wednesday marked two decades since San José Clash and DC United faced off to get Major League Soccer underway (1996).
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker
- COVID-19 NEWS How long does the Moderna vaccine last?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check 'plus-up' payment: can I claim for extra money?
- UK NEWS Prince Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, is dead at 99
- CELEBRITY NEWS DMX dies aged 50: rapper and actor suffers heart attack
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: how many Americans have already received the payments?