Raúl to play for Madrid again against Ajax in June
The legendary number seven will return to the Bernabéu three years after his last appearance in a charity match against Ajax in homage to Cruyff.
Raúl González will pull on the white shirt of Real Madrid with which he is synonymous again in the seventh edition of the Corazón Classic charity match at the Bernabéu on June 5, when Ajax will be the guest opposition.
Raúl’s agent, Ginés Carvajal, confirmed to AS that the presence of the legendary number seven is 95 percent assured. Raúl has a couple of entries in his diary to attend to in the US in his role as LaLiga ambassador but, all being well, he will line up for Madrid again three years after his last appearance at the Bernabéu during the Trofeo Bernabéu, when Al-Saad were the invited team. During that game Raúl, who was at the Qatari club at the time, played for both sides.
The match on June 5 will serve as an homage to Johan Cruyff, who passed away on March 24. Among the other players lining up will be Roberto Carlos, Fernando Hierro, Luis Figo, Patrick Kluivert, Clarence Seedorf and Edgar Davids.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?