Real boss Zidane makes eight changes for Eibar clash
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane clearly has Wolfsburg on his mind as he names a much-changed side to take on the Basques at the Bernabéu (16:00 CEST).
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has heavily shuffled his pack as Los Blancos take on Eibar at the Santiago Bernabéu this afternoon (16:00 CEST).
With Sergio Ramos suspended, Raphael Varane and Karim Benzema injured and Keylor Navas and Luka Modric not included in the squad, Zidane makes eight changes to the team that lost 2-0 to VfL Wolfsburg on Wednesday.
Zidane's team selection indicates his thoughts are firmly on Tuesday's vital Champions League clash with the Germans.
Kiko Casilla comes in in goal, Dani Carvajal replaces Danilo following the Brazilian's poor performance at the Volkswagen Arena, Nacho deputises for Ramos and Álvaro Arbeloa fills in for Marcelo to allow the left-back a rest.
Isco and James Rodríguez are both named in the Real line-up for the first time since February's derby defeat to Atlético Madrid, and Lucas Vázquez and Jesé Rodríguez are drafted in up front, with Gareth Bale dropping to the bench.
Real Madrid's starting XI is: Casilla, Carvajal, Pepe, Nacho, Arbeloa, Isco, Casemiro, JamLucas Vázquez, Jesé, Cristiano.
Eibar head coach José Luis Mendilibar has gone with: Riesgo, Capa, Ramis, Pantic, Luna, Escalante, Dani García, Keko, Adrián, Jota, Sergi Enrich.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?