Benzema and Varane back in training
Real Madrid's French international duo Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane returned to training on Sunday with both expected to be fit for Tuesday.
Real Madrid's French international duo Karim Benzema and Raphael Varane returned to training on Sunday with both expected to be fit for Madrid's crucial Champions League quarter-final, second leg against Wolfsburg on Tuesday.
The Spanish giants have to overturn a 2-0 first-leg deficit to reach the semi-finals for the fifth consecutive year.
Benzema missed Saturday's 4-0 rout of Eibar after limping off with a knee injury during the first leg in Germany last week.
Varane has been sidelined for the past two weeks by a calf injury picked up in France's recent 4-2 friendly win over Russia.
Coach Zinedine Zidane made eight changes against Eibar as four first-half goals brought Real to within four points of La Liga leaders Barcelona at the weekend.
However, Madrid will be back at full strength in midweek with captain Sergio Ramos returning from suspension along with the likes of Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos, who were rested against Eibar.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?