BARAKALDO 0- CASTILLA 1
Late Mariano strike enough as Castilla close the gap
Real Madrid Castilla closed the gap to three points at the top of 2B Group II with a 0-1 at league leaders Barakaldo.
Real Madrid Castilla kept their promotion aspirations very much alive last night with a 0-1 win away at table toppers Barakaldo at Lasesarre and the win sees the side from the capital secure a better head-to.head which is the metric applied if both sides are tied on points come season end with give game remaining in the campaign.
A late 83' goal from Mariano latching onto a Javi Muñoz cross was enough for maximum points with the Dominican player making amends for his earlier penalty miss.
A packed Lasesarre (6.500 spectators) witnessed an enthralling game with first versus second. In the end Castilla managed to hang on as Barkaldo were forced to launch long balls into the Castilla area but to no avail.
Barakaldo still hold a three point advantage over Castilla with five rounds of games remaining. Securing top spot is a key ambition for both sides with a major advantage on offer to the side finishing top (disputing a straight home/away final to secure access to the Spanish second division) as opposed playing a laborious play-off system.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Are the third stimulus checks included in 2021 IRS tax filing?
- MANCHESTER UNITED Solskjaer keeping 'fingers crossed' that Cavani stays at Man Utd
- USMNT Weston McKennie scores after facing fine for covid-19 breach
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Fastest US states to administer covid-19 vaccines
- US NEWS Covid-19 and vaccine in the US live updates: rate, where and when to get it, eligibility
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker