BARAKALDO 0- CASTILLA 1
Late Mariano strike enough as Castilla close the gap
Real Madrid Castilla closed the gap to three points at the top of 2B Group II with a 0-1 at league leaders Barakaldo.
Real Madrid Castilla kept their promotion aspirations very much alive last night with a 0-1 win away at table toppers Barakaldo at Lasesarre and the win sees the side from the capital secure a better head-to.head which is the metric applied if both sides are tied on points come season end with give game remaining in the campaign.
A late 83' goal from Mariano latching onto a Javi Muñoz cross was enough for maximum points with the Dominican player making amends for his earlier penalty miss.
A packed Lasesarre (6.500 spectators) witnessed an enthralling game with first versus second. In the end Castilla managed to hang on as Barkaldo were forced to launch long balls into the Castilla area but to no avail.
Barakaldo still hold a three point advantage over Castilla with five rounds of games remaining. Securing top spot is a key ambition for both sides with a major advantage on offer to the side finishing top (disputing a straight home/away final to secure access to the Spanish second division) as opposed playing a laborious play-off system.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch