REAL MADRID 3-0 WOLFSBURG (3-2 agg)
Cristiano was confident Real Madrid would beat Wolfsburg
Before the Champions League match against Wolfsburg at the Bernabéu the striker had said both the "the team and the coach believe we can do it".Celta-Real Madrid: LaLiga
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat-trick on Tuesday night to sent Real Madrid soaring into the Champions League semi-finals, beating Wolfsburg 3-2 on aggregate, but he was already feeling optimistic that, with a packed Bernabéu egging them on, the team would be able to turn around the 2-0 deficit from the first leg to progress to the semi-finals.
He'd sent a message to the fans ahead of the game, saying: "Tuesday will be perfect, it'll be a magical night; with your help the players will give the maximum on the pitch and we will go through to the next round. 'Hala Madrid!'”. And how right he was.
The Portuguese striker had said the key to beating Wolfsburg was "Playing well, with the 11 players out on the pitch, those who are on the bench and the 80,000 fans in the stands getting behind us. I'd love to see the Bernabéu packed out and supporting us all the way because that will really spur us on".
From the the moment the team bus left Valdebebas the Real Madrid fans were roaring their side on, particularly when they arrived at the stadium, and then during the match.
The loudest roars of the night at the Bernabéu were, of course, for the two goals from Ronaldo in 90 seconds just after the 15 minute mark, and then when he sealed his hat-trick and qualification for the next round with his free-kick to make it 3-0.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane