Dutch side replicate Real Madrid's Camp Nou group photo
Almere City posted their own version of Los Merengues' now famous post-Clásico pic. Not as many abdominal muscles on display but just as much team spirit.
The group photo that was taken of the Real Madrid squad deep in the bowels of the Camp Nou following last weekend's El Clásico clash took no time to get football fans talking around the world.
Los Blancos have been the brunt of countless memes since the celebratory picture went viral, but a side in the Netherlands, Almere City, put a new spin on the much lampooned snap with a group photo of their own shortly after guaranteeing survival in the second tier of Dutch football.
Following their victory over Oss, which coincidentally also ended 2-1, the Almere players posed in a similar fashion to Zinedine Zidane’s men. Taking the place of a scantily clad Cristiano Ronaldo was the team’s slightly less toned reserve goalkeeper, Roy Pistoor.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"