Verratti in PSG squad for Man City trip
The Italian midfielder steps off the physio table just in time to make it into the Ligue 1 side ahead of their Champions League quarter-final second leg showdown at the Etihad.
Marco Verratti was included in the Paris Saint-Germain squad for Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final, second leg away to Manchester City, the French club announced on Monday.
Italian playmaker Verratti is a key component of Laurent Blanc's side but has been troubled by a groin problem and has not played since February 20.
After last Wednesday's first leg, which ended in a 2-2 draw at the Parc des Princes, Blanc said there was no chance Verratti or Javier Pastore would be fit for the return in England.
However, Blanc later suggested that he was hopeful Verratti could make a miracle recovery in time to feature.
Pastore, who has been troubled by a calf problem, was also included by Blanc, who kept his options open by naming 22 players in his squad for the trip.
PSG will be without David Luiz and Blaise Matuidi, who are both suspended after being booked in the first leg.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move