Bayern Munich keeping tabs on Martin Odegaard
With Ancelotti set to take charge of the Bundesliga champions, rumours abound about the Norwegian moving to Germany, helped in part by comments from club's sporting director.
Martin Odegaard is continuing to grab headlines. While a video of the Norwegian teenager taking off on a mazy run through the heart of Guadalajara’s midfield went viral last week, now his name is on the lips of Bayern Munich’s sporting director, Matthias Sammer. Far from refuting the rumours that the Bundesliga side are interested in the Castilla player, the Bavarian club’s footballing headhunter added further fuel to the speculation: “Of course we’re in contact with him, but that’s nothing to be alarmed about. His decision to sign for Madrid has to be respected. He’s a great player, but we haven’t tried to sign him”.
The 17-year-old is being linked with a move to the German club on the back of Carlo Ancelotti’s managerial appointment, with the Italian set to take the reins from Pep Guardiola at the end of the season. Ancelotti worked with Odegaard during his tenure in charge of Real Madrid and, with an eye to the future, has already expressed a desire to freshen up Bayern’s ageing squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Derek Chauvin found guilty of murder of George Floyd, updates, reaction
- George Floyd Derek Chauvin jury verdict live online: George Floyd Death Trial | Deliberation, possible charges...
- US News Unemployment benefits: What state has the best payments?
- NFL Dallas Cowboys in the 2021 NFL Draft: What players could they take?
- NFL Green Bay Packers at the NFL Draft 2021: What players could they pick?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin verdict: final conviction, charges and what will happen now?