Caparrós primed to take over from sacked Escribá at Getafe
Ángel Torres: "Our project has not worked out as planned, I know who I want to take over and hope to have him here tomorrow".
Fran Escribá is out at Getafe. The 50 year old coach from Elche was dismissed from his position as head coach after a meeting with club president Torres. Escribá oversaw the Monday morning training session and was summonsed to the presidents office when at 17:55 (CET) the Madrid based club issued a communique confirming Escriba's dismissal.
Torres seems to have had his mind made up for some time now and was moved to sack the coach after Getafe fell to Rayo Vallecano a fortnight ago, Torres was talked out of making a hasty decision by the coach's agent and but after the defeat and performance against Villarreal yesterday, this time there was no turning back for the coach.
At 1800 CET the Getafe squad were gathered and informed of the news. Ángel Torres himself declared that Escribá is a great coach and wonderful person but the project didn't work out as planned”.
As regards the new Getafe coach, Torres stated: “I know who I want but just need confirmation from the other side. He is a Spanish coach with plenty of experience at big clubs. It would appear that Joquín Caparrós is the man on top of the president's list. :Torres also claimed that Getafe could avoid the drop by winning three of the remaining six games.
The Getafe squad are off tomorrow as they prepare to face Real Madrid on Saturday. The idea is to have the new coach in place to oversee training on Wednesday morning.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTER MILAN Ex-Man Utd captain Ashley Young provides lovely assist in Inter debut
- Football Olympic qualifiers moved from China to Sydney due to virus fears
- LaLiga Real Madrid go top after hard fought win in Valladolid
- VALLADOLID 0-1 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Real Valladolid: LaLiga Santander
- Tragedy Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Transfer market PSG join Aubameyang chase amid Barcelona links