Torres elects Esnáider to save Getafe
The Argentine was Míchel's assistant at the club and will now take the reigns at the stricken club. His first game in charge will be Madrid's visit on Saturday.
Juan Eduardo Esnáider has been confirmed as new Getafe coach by Ángel Torres and his mission is simple: keep Getafe in the top flight as six games remain in the current season. The Argentine was at the club previously as Michel's assistant and his announcement was made official at lunch time the afternoon.
His assistant will be Mauricio Elena and Óscar García will remain as fitness coach. Esnaider will oversee his first training session tomorrow morning and will later hold a press conference where he will face the media for the first time in his new position.
The 43 year old will sit on the Gefate bench for the first time on Saturday as Real Madrid are the visitors to the Coliseum. Angel Torres yesterday claimed that three wins from the remaining six games should see the "Azulones" safe.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: FDA approves Pfizer for 12-15 year olds, side effects, Indian variant...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea and Manchester City ask UEFA to move Champions League final to Wembley
- ROMA VS MAN UTD Roma vs Manchester United live online: Europa League semi-final second leg
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the covid-19 restrictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- CORONAVIRUS US What percentage of vaccination is needed for herd immunity?
- WORLD NEWS Chinese rocket launch failure: what happened and what are the consequences?