Arbeloa leaps to Benzema's defence after FFF decision
The Madrid full-back was eager to console his team mate, who learned this afternoon that he won't be with the France squad for EURO 2016.
Just minutes after Karim Benzema announced the French Football Federation's decision to exclude him from taking part in this summer's EURO 2016, for his involvement in the Valbuena Case, Álvaro Arbeloa came out to show solidarity with his club team mate. Arbeloa took to his Twitter account to publish the following message:: "I'm sorry for you, friend. They are losing a great person... and the best No.9 in the world! Always by your side!".
In the Mixed Zone following last night's Champions League quarter final return leg against Wolfsburg, Benzema was keeping all comments concerning his future with France close to his chest. Several French journalists did ask him about his feelings ahead of the FFF's meeting today to make their decision. "I'm relaxed" was all he said. On 11 December FFF president Noël Le Graët announced that Benzema had been kept apart from the France squad while his involvement in the Valbuena Case was being investigated. A restraining order was partially lifted by the French courts just over a month ago but that wasn't enough for the FFF to lift Benzema's suspension from activities with the national team.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid round-up: Bale, Hazard, Kroos, Renier
- BARCELONA Barcelona hired social media 'influencers' to damage player's profiles
- Spanish FA Casillas confirms candidacy in Spanish FA presidential election
- REAL MADRID Zidane backs Marcelo and Bale after 'painful' draw against Celta Vigo
- BARCELONA Barcelona's green light: Who can they sign and how long do they have?
- MANCHESTER CITY Man City's Sterling clarifies future amid Real Madrid speculation