French fans back decision to omit Benzema from Euros
L'Equipe ran a survey on Wednesday after the decision was made to leave Benzema out of the squad, with 67 percent of respondents in favour.
The decision to exclude Karim Benzema from the France squad for the European Championship this summer has met with widespread approval among French football fans. L’Equipe ran a survey after the news that the France Football Federation (FFF) had decided not to call up the Real Madrid striker for the tournament on home soil and of almost 50,000 people that took part, 67 percent said they were in agreement with the federation’s stance, compared to 33 percent who would prefer Benzema to be lining up for Les Bleus at the Euros.
On Wednesday, the FFF issued a statement in the names of president Noël Le Graët and France manager Didier Deschamps, stating their intention to omit the Real striker from the tournament squad. Benzema was suspended by the FFF last October over his alleged involvement in a case of extortion against international teammate Mathieu Valbuena.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid