French fans back decision to omit Benzema from Euros
L'Equipe ran a survey on Wednesday after the decision was made to leave Benzema out of the squad, with 67 percent of respondents in favour.
The decision to exclude Karim Benzema from the France squad for the European Championship this summer has met with widespread approval among French football fans. L’Equipe ran a survey after the news that the France Football Federation (FFF) had decided not to call up the Real Madrid striker for the tournament on home soil and of almost 50,000 people that took part, 67 percent said they were in agreement with the federation’s stance, compared to 33 percent who would prefer Benzema to be lining up for Les Bleus at the Euros.
On Wednesday, the FFF issued a statement in the names of president Noël Le Graët and France manager Didier Deschamps, stating their intention to omit the Real striker from the tournament squad. Benzema was suspended by the FFF last October over his alleged involvement in a case of extortion against international teammate Mathieu Valbuena.
Te recomendamos en English
- It's a fact, they just defend against us – Klopp irked by Man United setup
- Serie A Five talking-points from match-day 8 in Serie A
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola: Man City still not ready to win Champions League
- LIGUE 1 PSG are in another league to the rest in France, says Villas-Boas
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho joy at Liverpool's Old Trafford stalemate "The record is mine not theirs"
- MLS Ibra and Galaxy earn LAFC tie as Union win seven-goal thriller