French fans back decision to omit Benzema from Euros
L'Equipe ran a survey on Wednesday after the decision was made to leave Benzema out of the squad, with 67 percent of respondents in favour.
The decision to exclude Karim Benzema from the France squad for the European Championship this summer has met with widespread approval among French football fans. L’Equipe ran a survey after the news that the France Football Federation (FFF) had decided not to call up the Real Madrid striker for the tournament on home soil and of almost 50,000 people that took part, 67 percent said they were in agreement with the federation’s stance, compared to 33 percent who would prefer Benzema to be lining up for Les Bleus at the Euros.
On Wednesday, the FFF issued a statement in the names of president Noël Le Graët and France manager Didier Deschamps, stating their intention to omit the Real striker from the tournament squad. Benzema was suspended by the FFF last October over his alleged involvement in a case of extortion against international teammate Mathieu Valbuena.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid