Antoine Griezmann spoke to the pitch side cameras after his double for Atlético helped his side through the semi-finals of the Champions League on Wednesday.
Atmosphere in the Calderón: “The fans are always behind us in every home match, they spur us on to play matches like this one. The game is for them as well.”
Opening goal: “Saúl put in a great ball for me, we pressed them well in their half. After the first goal we were solid at the back. The whole team put in a huge amount of effort.”
Nerve-wracking final minutes: “We were playing one of the best teams in the world. We didn’t back down and we’re in the semi-finals, among the four best teams in Europe.”
Ter Stegen almost saved penalty: “Yes, he chose his side and he got a hand on it but luckily it went in so we were all happy.”
Possible Gabi penalty: “I don’t know, I was on the bench and you can’t see anything from there.”
Atlético defence: “It’s normal to be up against it, we were playing Barça, but we were very strong at the back. We all defended well. I’m really proud of this team.”
How far can Atlético go? “I don’t know. As our manager says, we’ll take it game by game. We’ll see.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment Golden Globes 2021: hosts, presenters and special guests
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus Check: is it necessary to live in the US to be eligible for payment?
- GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS Golden Globes 2021: times, TV and how and where to watch online
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? New $3000 child tax credit: live
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: when will the proposal be voted on in the Senate?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: who voted in favour in the House of Representatives?