José Mourinho's provocative celebration against Man City
A late Cristiano Ronaldo winner and a suit-ruining celebration from the 'Special One' were the standout moments the last time Real Madrid hosted Man City.
Real Madrid have been pitted against the blue half of Manchester in the Champions League semi-finals. The two sides have only met each other twice before in the elite European competition - when they were drawn together in the group stage in the 2012/13 season - with the Spaniards holding a slight upper hand over their Premier League opponents (one win, one draw).
The first time Los Blancos faced The Citizens came during the group stage of the 2012/13 season. Before the two sides held each other to a 1-1 draw at the Etihad Stadium, the La Liga outfit then took the bragging rights in Chamartín thanks to a last-minute winner from Cristiano Ronaldo.
Perhaps the most lasting and painful memory of that night for travelling Sky Blue contingent was the image of a fist-pumping José Mourinho sliding on his knees in his technical area as the Bernabéu erupted around them.
Te recomendamos en English
- VALENCIA 2-0 BARCELONA Setién: "It's possible the players are not grasping certain things"
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Vinicius and Brahim omitted from Madrid squad for Valladolid
- INTER MILAN Emergency at Inter! But Conte says media make it look like club buying up Real Madrid stars
- Football Barça prospect Marques to Juve, Pereira goes other way
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega
- VALLADOLID-REAL MADRID Sergio Ramos set to reappear against Valladolid