Villarreal react to drawing Liverpool mid-flight
The Yellow Submarine were informed they had been drawn against Jürgen Klopp's Reds during their flight back from Prague.
Villarreal were on their way back from the Czech Republic as the Europa League semi-final draw was being made. The Yellow Submarine elected to fly back from the central European country after beating Sparta Prague and were kept up-to-date with the goings on in Nyon thanks to the aircraft’s captain.
As they hurtled through the sky on their way back to Spain, La Liga’s fourth-placed side were told they had drawn Liverpool in the next round over the intercom and the news was received with a round of applause from the two-hundred or so Villarreal fans on board.
Despite the difficult of the task at hand, the El Madrigal faithful were in buoyant mood on hearing that a trip to Anfield awaits them. Needless to say a certain Beatles’ number graced the airwaves shortly afterwards.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale needs to find his positive confidence, says Mourinho
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo reaches yet another goal milestone
- Coronavirus Bipartisan stimulus bill: what’s in the $900 billion proposal?
- REAL MADRID Has Zidane's luck run out at Real Madrid?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Borussia Dortmund lose Haaland to hamstring injury
- GAMING Fortnite: How to get The Mandalorian skin with Baby Yoda in Season 5