Villarreal react to drawing Liverpool mid-flight
The Yellow Submarine were informed they had been drawn against Jürgen Klopp's Reds during their flight back from Prague.
Villarreal were on their way back from the Czech Republic as the Europa League semi-final draw was being made. The Yellow Submarine elected to fly back from the central European country after beating Sparta Prague and were kept up-to-date with the goings on in Nyon thanks to the aircraft’s captain.
As they hurtled through the sky on their way back to Spain, La Liga’s fourth-placed side were told they had drawn Liverpool in the next round over the intercom and the news was received with a round of applause from the two-hundred or so Villarreal fans on board.
Despite the difficult of the task at hand, the El Madrigal faithful were in buoyant mood on hearing that a trip to Anfield awaits them. Needless to say a certain Beatles’ number graced the airwaves shortly afterwards.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo loving Sarri's new-look Juventus
- Premier League Pochettino: "This is the first time they've been in a tough period"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea: "I can understand why Giroud feels unhappy" admits Lampard
- FIFA CWC New 24 team FIFA Club World Cup set to be held in China
- MANCHESTER CITY Guardiola: Man City still not ready to win Champions League
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho joy at Liverpool's Old Trafford stalemate "The record is mine not theirs"