Villarreal react to drawing Liverpool mid-flight
The Yellow Submarine were informed they had been drawn against Jürgen Klopp's Reds during their flight back from Prague.
Villarreal were on their way back from the Czech Republic as the Europa League semi-final draw was being made. The Yellow Submarine elected to fly back from the central European country after beating Sparta Prague and were kept up-to-date with the goings on in Nyon thanks to the aircraft’s captain.
As they hurtled through the sky on their way back to Spain, La Liga’s fourth-placed side were told they had drawn Liverpool in the next round over the intercom and the news was received with a round of applause from the two-hundred or so Villarreal fans on board.
Despite the difficult of the task at hand, the El Madrigal faithful were in buoyant mood on hearing that a trip to Anfield awaits them. Needless to say a certain Beatles’ number graced the airwaves shortly afterwards.
Te recomendamos en English
- LA GALAXY Nick Lima doesn’t believe Chicharito will make a difference
- PREMIER LEAGUE Solskjaer not fearing for job ahead of Tranmere trip
- BARCELONA Barcelona top dogs claim the team is confused and disorganised
- BARCELONA Barcelona to sign a striker as a smokescreen to placate fans
- Rumour Has It: PSG interested in Aubameyang amid Barcelona links
- LaLiga Al Shabab sign Sevilla's Argentine playmaker Banega