Villarreal react to drawing Liverpool mid-flight
The Yellow Submarine were informed they had been drawn against Jürgen Klopp's Reds during their flight back from Prague.
Villarreal were on their way back from the Czech Republic as the Europa League semi-final draw was being made. The Yellow Submarine elected to fly back from the central European country after beating Sparta Prague and were kept up-to-date with the goings on in Nyon thanks to the aircraft’s captain.
As they hurtled through the sky on their way back to Spain, La Liga’s fourth-placed side were told they had drawn Liverpool in the next round over the intercom and the news was received with a round of applause from the two-hundred or so Villarreal fans on board.
Despite the difficult of the task at hand, the El Madrigal faithful were in buoyant mood on hearing that a trip to Anfield awaits them. Needless to say a certain Beatles’ number graced the airwaves shortly afterwards.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?