Gabi: "Bayern are the better side..."
"...but we hope to repeat what we did against Barcelona, out in two great legs and make the final", the Atlético skipper said..
Atlético de Madrid captain Gabi says that the Rojiblancos will be approaching both legs of their Champions League semi-final against Bayern Munich "with the humilty of knowing that they are the better side - they're used to reaching the semis and finals".
He added, "It'll be the same as when we were drawn against Barcelona, they'te better than us but the excitement and determination which we have, the players and the club in general can help us to overcome obstacles like this. We are hoping that we will go thorugh to the final - to do that, we'll have to put in two great games".
Gabi cites Bayern as "one of the most potent sides in the world, and they have a lot of experience in the Champions League. We couldn't have picked a tougher rival".
The Rojiblanco skipper insists that the team will deal with the Bayern game when the time comes and as of the moment, they are only thinking about Sunday's league game against Granada. Atleti are three points behind leaders Barcelona. "We're in a very privileged position, we have arrived at this point, with six games to go, with a chance of winning the league. That underlines and strengthens the work we're doing. The team's level is high and we've got where we are for our own merits", he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch