Xabi Alonso: "We've been drawn with a strong and organised side"
"Atlético Madrid have become an excellent team in the past few years and the credit must go to coach Diego Simeone" added the Bayern midfielder.
Xabi Alonso spoke this morning after the Champions League semi final draw which saw his Bayern side pitted against Atletico Madrid. He observed that the team from the Spanish capital are a strong and well organised outfit and have progressed considerably in the past few years.
"We have a difficult tie. Atlético have become a really good team in the past few years and under coach, Diego Simeone they are always well organised", he observed.
Xabi Alonso added that they are good going forward and very tight defensively. He also commented on the fantastic atmosphere on bug European nights at the Vicente Calderón. "We certainly need a good first leg result", he added.
Bayern defender Philip Lahm also gave his impression on the draw starting : "It will be far from easy., They are a strong team defensively and the semi finals in the Champions League are never easy".
"They eliminated Barcelona based on their defensive might. It will be a very interesting tie" he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: how long does it survive on objects and surfaces?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: 10,000 health workers in Spain have contracted Covid-19
- CORONAVIRUS Praying with the Pope, 'Urbi et Orbi' during coronavirus
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: 7 types of human coronavirus
- Covid-19 'The Flu', 'Pandemic' and other coronavirus related films on Netflix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's quarantine period comes to an end