Cristiano's record against Getafe: 20 goals in 12 games
With this afternoon's last-minute tap-in, Ronaldo recorded his 20th goal against Los Azulones in 12 games and surpassed Higuain and Jonas in the race for the Golden Shoe.
There was no rest for Cristiano Ronaldo today. The Portuguese striker has missed one of Real Madrid’s 44 official matches this season (against Carranza in the Copa del Rey), which amounts to 97% of the total number of minutes played (in other words, 3,869’ out of 3,960’), completing a full 90 minutes in 42 of the 43 games he has started. The 31-year-old still maintains the same hunger and bite as he showed this afternoon by sinking his teeth further into Getafe and adding to his mind-bogglingly high tally against the south Madrid club: 20 goals in 12 games.
Evidence suggests that Ronaldo will hit 50 goals again this campaign, for the sixth season on the bounce. As we speak, he has 47 goals in 43 games: 31 in LaLiga and 16 in the Champions League. Madrid narrowed Barça's lead at the top of the table to a mere point this afternoon after blitzing Getafe at the Coliseum, and the Portuguese marksman took a step closer to securing his chances of winning the Golden Shoe. With today's tap last-minute tap-in he has now surpassed Higuaín (Napoli), who is currently suspended, and Benfica’s Jonas. Including today's encounter, Real’s number ‘7’ has now scored in his last four games, against Eibar, Barcelona and Sevilla: “Not bad for a poor season,” he stressed after his hat-trick in the Champions League against Wolfsburg.
This afternoon Getafe became Ronaldo’s number-one victim - along with Sevilla, against whom he has also netted 20 times in 12 matches. In total he has clocked up seven goals in his last seven games against Los Azulones.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane