Ronaldo, so close to playing every minute in LaLiga
Real Madrid striker Cristiano Ronaldo came so close to being the only player to have played every available minute in LaLiga this season, but went off injured against Villareal, missing the final two minutes.
Ronaldo's 90th minute injury against Villareal has put a blotch on Ronaldo's sparkling attendance record: he was the only player who had played every available minute in LaLiga this season.
He limped off with two minutes added-time to play, ruining what would have been yet another record for CR7. He played the full 90 minutes against Getafe at the Coliseum on Saturday afternoon and was the only outfield player to have played every minute in the current league after 33 games.
Málaga player Rosales played all of every one of the 32 matches up to that round of games, but he was suspended for Sunday's game against Athletic for an accumulation of bookings, meaning Ronaldo was left as the only player to have played every single available minute in the tournament.
Cristiano was on course to play every available minute remaining and set a record for an outfield player in LaLiga. He had played 3,060 minutes at the 90' mark against Villarreal (all 34 games played) but missed the final 2, meaning LaLiga will consider that he did not complete the whole match. The entire league minutes count is 3,420.
Ronaldo has also played 899 minutes in the Champions League, with another 270 possible if Real Madrid get to the final (and another 60 on top of that if both the semi-final and the final go to extra-time).
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"