Jason Cummings penalty disaster
Jason Cummings has gone viral. The Hibs player decided to dink a penalty in during the Scottish Cup semi-final, but ended up with egg on his face.
Did Jason Cummings dream of going viral when he stepped up to take a penalty in the first half of the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United? If he did, he got his wish... but maybe not quite the way he hoped.
The Hibs player decided to go for a Panenka, a dinked penalty, expecting to see the keeper dive humiliatingly out of the way and the ball nestle neatly in the back of the net - except he misjudged the size of the goals completely and floated the ball over the bar.
The Hibs supporters were left absolutely furious, while the commentator said Cummings had been left looking "cocky, arrogant and really foolish".
But Jason Cummings ended up having the last laugh, scoring the winning penalty after the match ended 0-0. Hibs will play the winner of Sunday's semi-final, between Rangers and Celtic.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo discusses future ahead of Portugal-Hungary clash
- Cristiano Ronaldo having no 'sleepless nights' over Juventus future
- EURO 2020 Mbappé needed to speak up but Giroud tussle is behind us, says France captain Lloris
- REAL MADRID Ramos: Kroos, Casillas back Real Madrid captain amid contract impasse
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?