Jason Cummings penalty disaster
Jason Cummings has gone viral. The Hibs player decided to dink a penalty in during the Scottish Cup semi-final, but ended up with egg on his face.
Did Jason Cummings dream of going viral when he stepped up to take a penalty in the first half of the Scottish Cup semi-final against Dundee United? If he did, he got his wish... but maybe not quite the way he hoped.
The Hibs player decided to go for a Panenka, a dinked penalty, expecting to see the keeper dive humiliatingly out of the way and the ball nestle neatly in the back of the net - except he misjudged the size of the goals completely and floated the ball over the bar.
The Hibs supporters were left absolutely furious, while the commentator said Cummings had been left looking "cocky, arrogant and really foolish".
But Jason Cummings ended up having the last laugh, scoring the winning penalty after the match ended 0-0. Hibs will play the winner of Sunday's semi-final, between Rangers and Celtic.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit, tax refund...
- CORONAVIRUS Which vaccine is the most popular in the US?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS What are the Democrats position towards ending unemployment benefits?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: could the next payments be automatic?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's 2021/2 pre-season starting to take shape
- TENNIS Naomi Osaka pulls out of Wimbledon but eyes Olympics return