Bad news for Beauvue
The French striker faces a lengthy lay-off after suffering a serious ankle injury during the first half of Saturday's game.
Celta de Vigo striker Claudio Beauvue suffered a ruptured right Achilles tendon during the first half of Saturday’s meeting with Betis, the Galician club’s medical department confirmed early this morning.
The player, one of the reinforcements which Eduardo Berizzo brought in during the January transfer window, will undergo surgery on Sunday. The operation will be performed by Celta’s Head of Medical Services and RFEF doctor, Juan José García Cota at the Vithas Nuestra Señora de Fátima Hospital in Vigo. Such injuries require a lengthy rehabilitation period and Beauvue is expected to be out of action for a minimum of seven months.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?