Bad news for Beauvue
The French striker faces a lengthy lay-off after suffering a serious ankle injury during the first half of Saturday's game.
Celta de Vigo striker Claudio Beauvue suffered a ruptured right Achilles tendon during the first half of Saturday’s meeting with Betis, the Galician club’s medical department confirmed early this morning.
The player, one of the reinforcements which Eduardo Berizzo brought in during the January transfer window, will undergo surgery on Sunday. The operation will be performed by Celta’s Head of Medical Services and RFEF doctor, Juan José García Cota at the Vithas Nuestra Señora de Fátima Hospital in Vigo. Such injuries require a lengthy rehabilitation period and Beauvue is expected to be out of action for a minimum of seven months.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Real Madrid player ratings in 2-0 win over Alavés
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: what did Dr Fauci say about the hotspots and reopening?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today