Real Madrid, best team in the second half of the season
Real Madrid have 35 points from the second round of games with Barça on 31 and Atletico Madrid on 32.
If LaLiga was adjudged on the second round of fixtures, then Real Madrid would be in pole position coming into the final five round of matches. After Barcelona were proclaimed Winter Champions, it's Real Madrid who have been on top securing most points in the 14 rounds of subsequent fixtures.
With Barça's defeat at Camp Nou last night against Valencia (their fourth consecutive game in failing to secure a win), Zidane's men have clawed back the difference and are just one point behind the Catalan side. In the second half of the season, other title candidates, Atlético Madrid have secured one point more than Barça and three less than Real Madrid.
Since the turnaround in the season Real Madrid have won 11, drawn twice and suffered one defeat securing 35 points in the process.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid open to offers for Raphaël Varane
- Inter Milan Lautaro: "Barcelona is in the past, I’m staying at Inter"
- GOLF Tiger Woods "in good spirits" in hospital after follow-up procedures
- NBA LeBron James hits back at 'hypocrite' Ibrahimovic: "I'll never shut up about things that are wrong"
- NBA LeBron helps Lakers snap losing streak, Butler stars for Heat
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when it's coming, $1400 payments, $1.9 trillion bill passed | Live