Real Madrid, best team in the second half of the season
Real Madrid have 35 points from the second round of games with Barça on 31 and Atletico Madrid on 32.
If LaLiga was adjudged on the second round of fixtures, then Real Madrid would be in pole position coming into the final five round of matches. After Barcelona were proclaimed Winter Champions, it's Real Madrid who have been on top securing most points in the 14 rounds of subsequent fixtures.
With Barça's defeat at Camp Nou last night against Valencia (their fourth consecutive game in failing to secure a win), Zidane's men have clawed back the difference and are just one point behind the Catalan side. In the second half of the season, other title candidates, Atlético Madrid have secured one point more than Barça and three less than Real Madrid.
Since the turnaround in the season Real Madrid have won 11, drawn twice and suffered one defeat securing 35 points in the process.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?