Jamie Vardy charged with improper conduct after red card
Jamie Vardy has been charged with improper conduct following the Leicester striker's angry reaction to his red card against West Ham, the Football Association have announced.
Vardy was sent off by referee Jonathan Moss after earning a second booking for diving in an unsuccessful attempt to win a penalty in the second half of Sunday's 2-2 draw at the King Power Stadium.
The England international appeared to deliberately nudge his legs into West Ham's Angelo Ogbonna before throwing himself to the turf and when Moss flashed a red card, Vardy reacted by pointing and shouting angrily at the official.
Leicester have also been charged after their players' angry reactions to the awarding of a late penalty for Wes Morgan's shove on Winston Reid.
'Leicester City's Jamie Vardy has been charged with improper conduct for his behaviour following his second-half dismissal against West Ham United on Sunday 17 April 2016,' an FA statement read.
'Leicester have also been charged for failing to control their players following the awarding of an 83rd-minute penalty to West Ham.
'Both the player and the club have until 6pm on Thursday 21 April 2016 to reply to their charge.'
Vardy is due to be suspended for Sunday's home game against Swansea, but the ban could now be extended if he is found guilty of the charge.
That would be a major blow as Premier League leaders Leicester have just four games left as they bid to hold onto their lead at the top and win the English title for the first time.
Chelsea forward Diego Costa was sent off against Everton recently and served an additional one-game ban after admitting an FA charge of improper conduct following a clash with Gareth Barry and a rant at the referee after the dismissal.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?