Michel out at Marseille
Olympique de Marseille sacked coach Michel on Tuesday with four games to play in Ligue 1, citing the Spanish coach's behaviour.
"Given the behaviour of Michel, notably during those last three weeks, Olympique de Marseille have suspended Michel with immediate effect and summoned him to a pre-redundancy interview," OM said in a statement.
The club added that assistant coach Franck Passi would take charge until the end of the season.
[OFFICIEL] Communiqué de l'Olympique de Marseillehttps://t.co/ocaJdwZLAG— Olympique Marseille (@OM_Officiel) 19 April 2016
Marseille are 15th in the Ligue 1 standings, six points above the relegation zone.
French sports daily L'Equipe reported that Michel, who took over from Marcelo Bielsa in August last year, did not direct Monday's training session.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?