PSG | MOURINHO
PSG interested in Mourinho
Sky Sports claim that Al-Khelaifi has spoken with the Portuguese coach after his sides UCL elimination at the hands of City.
Paris Saint-Germain have made an approach to Jose Mourinho to become their new head coach this summer, according to UK outlet Sky Sports.
Earlier today the Ligue 1 issued a terse "no comment" following reports in England that the French champions had approached the Portuguese coach from Setubal to become their new manager.
Sky Sports News flashed the development across their programming, billing it 'Breaking News' and citing "Sky sources". Other websites were quick to follow.
Sky said PSG chairman Nasser al-Khelaifi was understood to have instigated the approach to Mourinho immediately after PSG's Champions League exit at the hands of Manchester City last week, "having grown frustrated at the club's lack of progress in Europe under Laurent Blanc".
Blanc signed a two-year contract extension in February, taking him through to June 2018.
The runaway French champions were not answering phone calls when contacted by Reuters, but sent a text message stating "No comment" when asked about the Mourinho report.
Portuguese Mourinho, who was sacked by Premier League Chelsea last December, has also been linked with Manchester United, where Louis van Gaal has failed to win over fans.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Real Madrid watch as tensions grow between Mbappé and PSG
- EURO 2020 Cristiano Ronaldo becomes European Championship's record goalscorer
- NBA Who are the highest paid NBA players in 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: what organizations are in favor of a new payment?
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?