Marcelino: "I won't lose any sleep over being judge of the league"
Villarreal's coach looked ahead to Wednesday's meeting with Real Madrid : "Last season we were seen as the victims but we took a good result from the Bernabeu".
Villarreal coach Marcelino spoke about Wednesday's meeting with Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabéu in the company of the press.
Injury concerns going into the game...
We haven't recovered any of the players who were unavailable in Vallecas and we'll also be without [Roberto] Soldado, who has a few problems with his hamstring. Added to that, Víctor Ruiz's doubtful as he's taken a knock to his knee. So we've still got problems in forming a team, as now we have five players out.
Madrid are in a great moment of form.
They are in a good moment, they're scoring with ease, especially at the Bernabéu. We'll be going there with all of the excitement in the world to make things difficult for them. We hope they don't have a good day but at the Bernabéu they've looked very solid, and particularly so in this final stretch of the campaign. Being the judge of LaLiga doesn't make me lose any sleep; it's part of the competition. We all play in the same competition and for the team who wins the league, it will be a product of the good games they've played and that they've racked up more points than anyone else.
Villarreal have never won at the Bernabéu...
For us, it's not the best time to break that statistic but football is football. To do it, we will need to be tremendously efficient.
You have a lot of problems going into the match.
Our major problem is selecting players - we have so many out at the moment. It's our third game in as many days and that is an extra difficulty. It's an accumulation of circumstances which mean we are not in an optimum situation but there is no shortage of keeness to take something positive from the game.
The other teams chasing fourth place.
I want those chasing us to always lose. I suppose that Athletic Club and Celta are equally as keen to see us lose. Visiting the Bernabéu is always very difficult
Bale and Carvajal are ruled out
Rather than Madrid being without Carvajal and Bale, I'd rather have all my players fit. I don't get any comfort from the players who won't be available for our rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- Unemployment Benefits Why are recipients seeing unemployment benefits cut?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how many people are still waiting for it?
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin trial: can he appeal the sentence?
- SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: interview Florentino Pérez, ten clubs withdraw, reactions, UEFA, clubs
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: Manchester Utd fans break into training ground in anti-Glazer protest