Savic, Thomas and Augusto start for Atlético Madrid
Coach Diego Simeone has made three changes to his Atlético side as Los Colchneros take on Athletic Club at San Mamés (20:45 CEST).
Atlético Madrid boss Diego Simeone has opted for Stefan Savic over Lucas Hernández at the heart of the defence against Athletic Club tonight (20:45 CEST).
And Simeone has drafted in Augusto Fernández for suspended captain Gabi, with Thomas Partey also coming in alongside the Argentinian midfielder at the base of the visitors' midfield.
Yannick Ferreira Carrasco drops to the bench following his disappointing display against Granada at the weekend.
Atlético XI: Oblak; Juanfran, Savic, Godín, Filipe Luis; Saúl, Augusto, Thomas, Koke; Griezmann, Torres.
Substitutes: Moyá, Lucas, Gámez, Kranevitter, Carrasco, Correa, Vietto.
Meanwhile, Athletic coach Ernesto Valverde has left out Ander Iturraspe, naming Eneko Bóveda beside Xabier Etxeita with Mikel San José moving into midfield.
The hosts' XI is: Iraizoz; De marcos, Bóveda, Etxeita, Balenziaga; San José, Beñat; Susaeta, Raúl García, Muniain; Viguera.
On the bench: Herrerín, Gurpegui, Elustondo, Iturraspe, Lekue, Rico, Iñaki Williams.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?