Cristiano doubtful for Rayo clash after limping out of win
The Real ace is to undergo tests after appearing to suffer a hamstring issue when attempting an overhead kick against Villarreal.
Cristiano Ronaldo handed Real Madrid a fitness scare in their 3-0 LaLiga victory over Villarreal on Wednesday night, limping off in the closing stages of the match holding his hamstring.
The Portuguese forward appeared to pick up the problem as he attempted an overhead kick late on in the win, which saw Madrid stay one point behind top two Barcelona and Atlético Madrid.
As Real boss Zinedine Zidane had already used up all of his available changes, Cristiano walked straight off the field without being substituted, briefly leaving Los Blancos with ten men.
Once in the dressing room, ice was applied to the affected area and the 31-year-old bathed in cold water (at a temperature of seven degrees) to avoid muscle inflammation.
The initial indications coming out of the Bernabéu suggest that the club are optimistic the complaint is not serious, with the player to undergo tests.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why has Trump taken executive action?
- Coronavirus Night curfew extended in East Khasi Hills until 17 August
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: who is Paul Vallone, the Democrat who says hydroxychloroquine saved his life?
- Coronavirus Trump executive orders: what will happen with student loan payments?
- BEIRUT EXPLOSION Lebanese court investigating Beirut port explosion