Everton’s Funes Mori says sorry for seeing red
The defender was involved in a shocking tackle on Liverpool’s Divcock Origi in last night’s Merseyside derby. Origi will undergo a scan on his ankle today.
Everton defender Ramiro Funes Mori apologised on Thursday after being sent off for an ugly foul on Divock Origi during his side's 4-0 Merseyside derby drubbing at Liverpool.
The Argentina international was shown a straight red card in the 50th minute of Wednesday's game after catching Origi on the ankle, leaving the Belgian striker, who was stretchered off, with suspected ligament damage. Origi arrived at the Shire Liverpool Hospital this afternoon where he will undergo a series of tests including a resonance scan.
Funes Mori, 25, was derided on social media after provocatively thumping the Everton crest on his shirt as he left the pitch and on Thursday he took to Twitter to apologize.
“I very much regret what happened yesterday,” he wrote. “It was never my intention to harm a rival nor my colleagues (by) leaving the field. And regarding Divock Origi, I fervently hope it's nothing serious and know that was never my intention to hurt (him). I ask my apologies for what happened.”
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp described the injury to 21-year-old Origi as “a big shadow on the game”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early