Barça to salute the great Quini at Camp Nou on Saturday
He will receive the gold and diamond insignia from Bartomeu for his career, loyalty and links to Barça.
It's said that perhaps he arrived at Barça a little too late. Enrique Castro, Quni finally joined the Blaugranas when he was almost 30, after several failed attempts to sign him. But his time at Camp Nou turned out to be just as successful as it was at his previous club, Sporting. He defended the claret and blue shirt beyween 1980 and 1984 and moments before tomorrow's meeting between Barça and Sporting kicks off, both clubs will pay tribute to him.
Quini, who scored 101 goals in 178 games as a culé, will be presented with the gold and diamond insignia by Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu in the Presidencial lounge before taking to the centre of the pitch to salute the fans. Quini has always had a special place in the hearts of Barcelona fans, they have fond memories of a player who was famously kidnapped in his first season at the club (he eventually was liberated on 25 1981).
During his time at Barça, Quini won the European Cup Winners' Cup (1981/82), the Copa del Rey twice (1980/81 and 1982/83), the League Cup (1982/83) and the Spanish Supercup(1983). He also ended as the top scorer in the league in 1980/81 and 1981/82 and had the honour of knocking in Barça's 3,000th league goal against Castellón on 24 January 1982.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp’s pulling power helped lure Thiago to Liverpool
- REAL MADRID Official: Gareth Bale completes Tottenham loan deal
- PREMIER LEAGUE Gareth Bale: Tottenham confirm injury which delays return debut
- Emmy Awards Which shows have won the most Emmys of all time?
- ROSH HASHANAH Rosh Hashanah Jewish holiday 2020: what does ‘Shana Tova’ mean?
- US News Ruth Bader Ginsburg death: Trump vows to fill vacancy "without delay"