ATLÉTICO DE MADRID
Atletico have spent the past month negotiating for Bakambu
Atletico have offered Oliver and Leo Baptistao to Villarreal in part exchange for Bakambu, who would compliment Diego Costa's proposed return.
There are two stories doing the rounds this week in Vila-real. One concerns Denis Suárez who is set to return to Barça this summer for three million euros. The other involves Atlético who have spent the past month negotiating with Villarreal for Cédric Bakambu; the French-Congolese striker has made a big impact in his first season in LaLiga since arriving at Villarreal for a relatively-paltry seven million euros. He has netted 22 goals in 45 games in all competitions to set a new personal best, beating his registries set during spells at Bursaspor and Sochaux. As a striker, he has exactly the kind of profile which Simeone is looking for - he's eager when it comes to pressing rival defences and intuative and intelligent at opening up spaces in the final third. Marcelino has also done an excellent job at honing other aspects of his game such as his finishing.
Atlético are not the only club who are keen to hire Bakambu. Several clubs from the Premier League and Serie A hahave made enquiries. Atlético have put two names on the table - Óliver and Léo Baptistão could be used to lower Villarreal's asking price. Simeone sees Bakambu as the ideal foil for Diego Costa who could be heading back to the Calderón this summer.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week