Competition Committee upholds Danilo yellow card
Real's case against his booking at home to Villarreal has been rejected, despite the caution appearing to come for a foul by Casemiro.
The Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) Competition Committee has opted to uphold the yellow card shown to Danilo in Real Madrid's LaLiga victory over Villarreal on Wednesday.
In the closing moments of the first half at the Santiago Bernabéu, the Real defender appeared to be mistakenly cautioned by referee Carlos Clos Gómez for a foul by team-mate Casemiro.
In his report after the game, Clos Gómez noted: "Danilo Luiz Da Silva was booked for the following motive: Bringing down an opponent whilst contesting the ball".
And in view of the seeming case of mistaken identity, Los Blancos lodged an appeal against the card following the 3-0 win, which saw them stay one point behind title rivals Barcelona and Atlético Madrid.
However, the Competition Committee has moved to throw out the challenge, explaining in its verdict that it cannot be ruled out that the official saw the full-back commit "another infraction close in time" to that of his Madrid colleague.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022