Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho fails doping test
According to Radio Montecarlo, the France international failed a control after taking a fat-burning supplement after a Europa League game.
Liverpool and France defender Mamadou Sakho has been made temporarily unavailable for selection for his club after testing positive for a banned substance, according to a report from Radio Montecarlo. Uefa have confirmed that they are investigating a potential infraction by the player and have opened an investigation. Sakho is expected to state his case to the governing body in the coming days and in a mutual agreement with Liverpool, he will not be considered for selection against Newcastle on Sunday, although the club issued a statement stressing that he has not been suspended.
Sakho is thought to have failed the control after taking a fat-burning supplement after Liverpool’s Europa League match against Manchester United on March 10. Radio Montecarlo stated the France defender was unaware of the composition of the product.
Liverpool issued a statement after receiving the notification from Uefa: “Yesterday, Friday 22nd April 2016, a formal communication was received from UEFA stating that they are investigating a possible anti-doping rule violation by Mamadou Sakho. The player will respond to UEFA on the matter. The player is currently not subject to any playing suspension. However, the club, in consultation with the player, has decided that while this process is followed the player will not be available for selection for matches. There will be no further comment at this time.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Who is Abhigya Anand, the child astrologer that predicted the coronavirus pandemic?
- George Floyd Protests Facebook will review its rules after Donald Trump's controversial messages
- George Floyd What is the third amendment and can it be applied now?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: Why are some taxpayers still waiting for the payment?
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd: 'Black Lives Matter' on Washington DC street challenges Trump
- Coronavirus IRS tax deadline postponed: when is the new payment date?