Gareth Bale: "The most important thing is not conceding away to Man City"
Fresh off the back of his one-man rescue mission at Vallecas the Welshman spoke to the Real Madrid media department about Tuesday's clash at the Etihad.
On the back of perhaps his finest performance since signing for Real Madrid, Gareth Bale sat down with the club's media department to discuss Tuesday's trip to the Etihad Stadium to face Manchester City.
How are you feeling ahead of a trip back to England?
It's always nice to go back. We know it will be a tough match, Champions League semi-finals always are. We hope to play well there and come back with a good result.
You have experience of the Etihad Stadium. What's it like to play there?
It's a lovely stadium with a big pitch and a well-kept surface. It's a great setting for a game like this. We hope to play well there and come back with a win.
What are your memories of playing there?
I've had some good performances at the Etihad. I've scored there which is always nice to remember, but we know that this is a different game. They're in good form and so are we. I'm sure it'll be an exciting encounter.
What is the key to getting through this tie?
The most important thing is getting a goal away from home. It's also very important that we don't concede. We're very strong at the Santiago Bernabéu and we'll have a lot of chances.
How important is it to play the second leg at home?
It's massively important on a psycholigical level. If we get a good result at the Etihad, then our fans are always going to help us back in the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo looking to achieve goal-scoring holy grail
- MLS MLS is back tournament changes as players test positive for coronavirus
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester City player ratings vs Arsenal
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- ATLÉTICO Atlético Madrid's stadium finally demolished: The last days of the Vicente Calderón