David Silva a doubt for return leg in the Bernabéu
The Manchester City playmaker was injured making a tackle with Gareth Bale and is unlikely to be available for the second leg.
David Silva limped off injured in Manchester City’s 0-0 stalemate with Real Madrid in the Etihad Stadium in the 38th minute after a tangle with Real forward Gareth Bale with what City boss Manuel Pellegrini confirmed was a hamstring problem.
“He felt a contraction in his hamstring, it’s difficult to say if he will be out or not,” said Pellegrini after the game. “It’s unlikely he’ll make it but we’ll see tomorrow.”
Silva, who was one of City’s most active players when on the pitch, tried to run the problem off but was substituted a few minutes later by Kelechi Iheanancho, one of the revelations of the Premier League season after banging in a goal a game on average over just a handful of appearances.
The young forward could well replace Silva in the starting line-up in the Bernabéu, if the Spain international is ruled out.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold