Ronaldo out for Anoeta, doubt for City return leg
The Real Madrid forward reportedly has a muscle tear and will undergo stem cell treatment to try and correct the problem i ntime for City game.
Cristiano Ronaldo underwent a scan on the injury he picked up playing against Villarreal on Wednesday, which revealed the Real Madrid forward has a muscle tear in his thigh. Spanish radio station Cadena Cope reported that the Portugal captain will undergo a round of stem cell treatment to try and repair the damaged tissue in an attempt to get the player back to fitness in time for the return leg of the Champions League tie with Manchester City next Wednesday.
Real manager Zinedine Zidane will have to wait until the day of the game to find out of his star forward will be available for the match, with the tie balanced at 0-0 after the first leg in Manchester. Ronaldo had been expected to play in the Etihad Stadium but felt a recurrence of the problem during a training session on Monday and was ruled out. The forward missed the match against Rayo last weekend, which Real won 3-2 in extremis, and will not be available for the match this weekend against Real Sociedad at Anoeta.
Ronaldo and the club’s medical staff will assess the player’s fitness next Wednesday ahead of the City match and make a decision as to whether he will be able to line up for his side in the Bernabéu.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Griezmann explains motives for Atlético exit
- Champions League Bayern Munich lose Coman after knee scare in Tottenham encounter
- LALIGA Messi: gap has closed between Barcelona, Madrid and rest of LaLiga
- ARSENAL Ljungberg not getting involved as Arsenal search for new boss
- Club Brugge 1-3 Real Madrid Zidane sees Real Madrid coming into the Clásico in fine form
- CLUB BRUGGE 1-3 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings as Club Brugge beaten in Belgium