Jesé Rodríguez adds to Real Madrid injury concerns
The 23-year-old is almost certain to miss Saturday's LaLiga game at Real Sociedad after suffering a knock in Madrid's draw at Man City.
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has been handed a further fitness headache following Los Blancos' Champions League semi-final first leg at Man City on Tuesday night.
And Jesé Rodríguez, who replaced Benzema at half-time at the Etihad, is also struggling after picking up a shin knock in the 0-0 stalemate.
Real's medical staff expect the academy graduate to sit out the trip to Anoeta, allowing him to return to 100% fitness ahead of next Wednesday's crunch European date at the Bernabéu.
With the involvement of Cristiano and Benzema far from guaranteed, Rodríguez's availability for the visit of Manuel Pellegrini's men takes on added importance.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid