Sevilla still on track for third consecutive Europa League title
Shakter Donetsk are the next obstacle for the Spanish side who go to the Ukraine for the first leg of the semi-final. Hopes still very much alive.
Sevilla continue their quest to win a third consecutive Europa League in the other semi-final when they travel to face Shakhtar Donetsk in the first leg in Ukraine.
The match will be played in the western Ukrainian city of Lviv as Shakhtar have defied their exile from war-torn Donetsk to reach the last four.
'We fully respect them and we know the difficulties they will pose,' said Sevilla midfielder Vicente Iborra.
'They are an experienced team with a mixture of Ukrainians and Brazilians, they are quick and have the quality to surprise us.'
Sevilla have good memories of facing Shakhtar as an amazing stoppage-time equaliser from goalkeeper Andres Palop sent their last-16 tie into extra time before the Spaniards went on to win the competition in 2007.
'Hopefully, the luck that helped Sevilla in 2007 will be on our side this time,' said Shakhtar boss Mircea Lucescu.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford