ATLÉTICO MADRID-BAYERN MUNICH
Torres, Griezmann lead Atleti line in round one with Bayern
Lucas drops to the bench as José María Giménez and Stefan Savic pair up in defence against the Bavarians, for whom Thomas Müller and Franck Ribéry are subs.
Diego Simeone has opted for a defensive pairing of José María Giménez and Stefan Savic for Atlético Madrid's Champions League clash with Bayern Munich (20:45 CEST).
With key centre-back Diego Godín out through injury, Giménez and Savic have been given the nod ahead of youngster Lucas Hernández, who takes his place on the bench.
Up front, in-form Fernando Torres and Antoine Griezmann are to be Simeone's strike partnership in an expected 4-4-2 formation.
Augusto Fernández and captain Gabi will be Los Rojiblancos' central midfield duo, Sául Ñíguez and Koke lining up either side of them.
Atlético Madrid XI: Oblak; Juanfran, Giménez, Savic, Filipe; Saúl, Gabi, Augusto, Koke; Griezmann and Torres.
Bench: Moyà, Gámez, Lucas, Thomas, Óliver, Correa and Vietto.
Meanwhile, Thomas Müller and Franck Ribéry are among the substitutes for the visitors.
Bayern boss Pep Guardiola has named the following team: Neuer; Lahm, Javi Martínez, Alaba, Bernat; Xabi Alonso, Thiago, Vidal; Coman, Lewandowski and Douglas Costa.
Bench: Ulreich, Kimmich, Rafinha, Benatia, Müller, Ribéry and Gotze.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays