Full-back Fabio Coentrao is angling for a summer return to former employers Benfica, according to Portuguese sports daily A Bola.
Coentrao, who has spent this season on loan at Monaco from parent club Real Madrid, has made 19 appearances for the Ligue 1 side since moving to the Principality last August.
However, a thigh injury picked up earlier this month has seen the Portugal international ruled out for the rest of the current campaign, with the 28-year-old also to miss Euro 2016.
Coentrao joined Real in 2011 for 30 million euros, but has failed to establish himself at the Bernabéu ahead of first-choice left-back Marcelo.
And A Bola say that Benfica are keen to see Coentrao back at the Estadio da Luz, where he played for four years before leaving for Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"