Atlético beat Bayern Munich with Spanish king looking on
King Felipe is also to be at the Bernabéu for Real Madrid's return against Man City next week in the Champions League's other semi-final.
Spain's monarch was in attendance at Wednesday night's Champions League semi-final first leg between Atlético Madrid and Bayern Munich.
King Felipe, who is a self-confessed Atlético fan, took in the clash alongside the club's president, Enrique Cerezo, and Spain national coach Vicente del Bosque.
Felipe was also joined by Princess Leonor, the elder of his two daughters, for the last-four encounter at the Vicente Calderón.
Saúl Ñíguez's first-half goal saw Diego Simeone's men earn a 1-0 lead to take into the return at the Allianz Arena on Tuesday.
The king is set to be at the Bernabéu next Wednesday for the second leg of Real Madrid's tie with Man City in the competition's other semi-final.
Te recomendamos en English
- Barcelona Leo Messi retirement date not far away warns Valverde
- REAL MADRID Bale: Real Madrid forward breaks his injury record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho: "The only thing I can say is Eriksen will be a free agent at the end of the season"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Baresi's words for Van Dijk akin to "praise from the king" says Klopp
- BOCA JUNIORS Maradona: "They have less foresight than the captain of the Titanic"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City: Arteta "ready" to manage but Pep hopes he stays