ATLÉTICO 1 - BAYERN 0
Bayern goal best and most important of my career - Saúl
The Atlético midfielder gave this thoughts on his solo effort against Bayern Munich, which sees his side take a 1-0 lead to the Allianz Arena.
Sául Ñíguez scored a wonderful solo goal for Atlético Madrid in their Champions League semi-final clash with Bayern Munich on Wednesday, dancing through the visiting defence before curling left-footed past keeper Manuel Neuer.
And speaking after the last-four first leg at the Vicente Calderón, Saúl - whose strike handed Diego Simeone's men a 1-0 advantage to take into the return - admitted it was the biggest of his career so far.
"It's the most important and the best too," said the 21-year-old midfielder. "I was dribbling the ball forward, I saw that I'd gone past two opponents and, as I came into the area, I got it on to my left foot to score."
Sául also rued a Fernando Torres effort that bounced back off the post after the break - "we were unlucky on the chance for Torres" - but admitted: "There was a period of the game when they [Bayern] pushed us back and we had to dig in."
He added: "Bayern are a really tough team, and we have to say thank you to the fans, who cheer us on and get behind us every step of the way."
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 TAX SEASON When does the IRS start accepting tax returns from filers in 2021? dates and deadlines
- US POLITICS What did Biden and Putin discuss in first presidential call?
- NETFLIX What movies and series are coming and leaving Netflix in February 2021?
- CORONAVIRUS Does Moderna's Covid-19 vaccine work against South Africa strain?
- US NEWS When was the first stimulus check sent out and how much was it?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Timo Werner and other tasks on Chelsea boss Tuchel's to-do list